Pages

April 18, 2012

counting down



as a continuation of one of my recent posts, i put together my current new york wish list. i find more pieces i "need" every single day, so i may have to make this a recurring theme!

 i'm leaving in a little over six weeks and all i can seem to think about is how desperately my closet needs an update. i have plenty of sundresses to tide me over for an indiana summer, but nyc requires a little more variety. since i spent last summer interning in london, i kind of have a feel for what i'll be wearing to work. however, temperatures in london were in the mid-60s, and a new york will be closer to 90 degrees in the middle of june. that will definitely be an adjustment. 

as a result, i'm looking for easy-yet-amazing pieces to do all my styling work for me -- i.e. bold accessories (like patterned bags and metallic shoes) to spice up simple ensembles; cute-but-comfortable kicks to wear on long adventures around the city; unfussy dresses that can be worn to work with flats and glammed up at night with heels; extra-bold jewelry to make a chic statement; and sleek blazers to throw over anything and everything.

i'm thinking all of these pieces would carry me through the entire season and mix seamlessly with what i already have hanging in my wardrobe; what's on your summer wish list?

II emily

No comments:

Post a Comment