Pages

March 20, 2013

laced with love

when i bought these black lace-up gladiator heels from the prabal gurung x target collection, everyone thought i was crazy. my boyfriend thought they were a little "intense," liz wasn't a huge fan (and has yet to ask to borrow them), and i'm actually a little afraid to show them to my mom. but the instant i spotted them in the look book, i knew they had to be mine -- mostly because of these two photos: 



images via my new favorite blog, le catch

both of those shoes are wildly out of my price range (at least i assume -- i know the bottom ones are giuseppe zanotti, and i'm not sure about the other ones, but they just look too fabulous to be affordable). i never thought i'd find a gladiator-style substitute under $200 until prabal gurung swooped in and saved the day. 

i love the idea of wearing the tough (and yes, intense) shoes with more feminine pieces, like full skirts, silky florals, and tiny clutches (plus my leather jacket in cooler temps, as in photo #2). in fact, i would especially love wearing my new shoes this spring with some of these lust-worthy pieces...


II emily

No comments:

Post a Comment