Pages

March 14, 2012

skinny dip

anyone who knows me will attest that my nails are rarely polish-free. on top of that, they're never a basic pink or clear; they're almost always a super-bright, completely non-natural hue, and the bolder the better. hot pink, neon orange, cobalt blue, bright coral... you name it. (i'm still after the perfect lime green.) because of this, my close friends will be especially shocked to read this post because lately, i've turned away from rainbow-brite hues and towards clean, classy, utterly versatile nudes. 

i'm beyond excited for spring to finally arrive so i can wear blindingly-bright colors to my heart's desire, and until now, that anticipation has included bright nail colors. i picked out my favorites from essie (mostly from their new spring line) and imagined how cute they would look with my floral jeans and a citron knit

but i have to eat my words. with so many colors swirling around in my spring outfits and accessories, shouldn't my nails take on a more subtle sheen? there is such thing as too much of a good thing, especially when it comes to bold colors.

enter: the nude nail. it honestly looks better with a tan, so i'm trying out my first color-free manicure as soon as i return from vacation. i'm partial to pink-based nudes, like the deborah lippmann shades below, but even essie's grey-tinged "topless and barefoot" and opi's creamy "samoan sand" would look perfect with every colorful spring ensemble.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .




II emily

1 comment: